The Bible is regard as a masterpiece of religious work in western country. It earns a lot of reputation for forming the spiritual origin of Christianity. It also influence deeply in western culture, social system and many other fields. Although both my grandparents are devoted Christian, it is my first contact with the Bible. Since I grew up in the environment filled with Chinese culture, it is hard for me to touch the essence of the Bible. What I do following is like to described the flower I see in the other shore and do some compare with I found in this side.
Firstly, I see God. The God is omnipotent who created the world with sky, sea and various of creature including human in six days. Similar to God, we also have the immortals creating the world in ancient fairy tale here in China. But the difference is that we have more than one omnipotent immortals, and they have spirit of self-sacrifice which the God doesn’t appear to have in the Bible. This conclusion is drew by the different way the create the world. The God in the Bible creates the world and human easily by words while Pan Gu, the immortal Chinese fairy tale devote his entire life. His eyes became the sun and moon, his bone formed the mountains and his blood formed the river and lake. Besides, Nv Wa, the female immortals use soil created human one by one for a long time and endowed them with her own blood. Later, in order to prevent human she made, she used her body as material to fill the hole of the sky. Here we can see two different attitudes toward God, in the Bible it admires god for his sovereign power while ancient Chinese praising the spirit of utter devotion.
Another thing I find confusing about the Lord God is why he forbids Adam and Eve to eat the tree of knowledge of good and evil? Does the Lord God feared about human becoming as wise as he is? But how come the Lord God would get the fear feeling like a human? The Lord God is suppose to be omnipotent.
The flower in the other shore always seems charming, hopefully one day I can touch it and feel its sweet-smelling.
No comments:
Post a Comment